Trailer Tuesday: Fantastic 4 – Rise of the Silver Surfer

A few weeks back, around the time of the Christmas break, the teaser trailer for the Fantastic 4 sequel appeared online. Adopting the Devil Wears Prada approach to movie trailers, this teaser is essentially an edited clip from the movie, and would appear to focus on the Fantastic 4’s first encounter with T-2 lookalike, the Silver Surfer.



Now fanboys bitched and moaned about the original Fantastic 4, the elasticated Mr Fantastic special effects weren’t the best, and the story petered off into mindless action towards the end, but I remain impressed with the film. It was the Fantastic 4 as I know them – bickering X-Men predecessors, without much of the coolness factor. I thought the film was an enjoyable, pretty faithful take on the Marvel comic book. As a bonus, it managed to keep itself relatively free of geeky, ridiculous scientific technology that Reed so often devises.



Now I’ve never been a fan of the Galactus / Silver Surfer storyline (I like my superheroes without overblown extra-terrestrial interference), but I’m prepared to give the Fantastic 4 sequel a chance… particularly if the ‘hottest’ of the heroes, a very buff Chris Evans gets to run around wearing only a towel again.

Fantastic 4 – Rise of the Silver Surfer opens in cinemas on 15 June 2007.

Comments

Dante said…
Never was a fan of the silver surfer but he always looked cool. Until he starts talking about his power cosmic. But yeah this movie looks good. Especially cause they don't mention Galactica but you no his gonna be there. Will wait and see.
Dante said…
I see that doug jones plays the silver surfer. He also played Abe Sapien in Hellboy. Cool.
Pfangirl said…
Exactly, Dante. He's a hero that I can't relate to at all. Dr Manhattan in Watchmen (you MUST read that!) has a similar look, a similar brand of infinite power and yet I find him a lot more fascinating than the Surfer.

As for Doug Jones, I didn't know that. Thanks.
Dante said…
Yes been planning on getting my hands on Watchmen. But atm my comic budget is a bit shot cause i get 10 issues of 52 every other month. plus the usual batman, robin and nightwing. sigh. But its on my too buy list. hehe.
Anonymous said…
HE IS SO FINE AND SEXY I WISH HE WOULD BE MY MAN AND BITCH WANTS TO TAKE MY MAN IS GETTING THEIR ASSED WHOOPED!!!!!
I LOVE U CHRIS EVANS !!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!