Bits 'N' Pieces

Let's see... bits 'n' pieces of news from my side...

After months of dropped hints and moaning (about the fact everyone had them except us), the copywriters received a present yesterday - new LCD flatscreen monitors. Not only does it make the studio look more professional, and free up space on our desks, but it's so much better on our eyes, staring at black text on white backgrounds for 8 hours at a stretch.

Now to organise a new monitor for home...

Speaking of work, tonight we're off to the Pavilion to see the Lion Award-winning commercials from Cannes last year. Afterwards, I think I'll stop in at the Exclusive Books Summer Sale preview evening (exclusive to Club members). The proper Summer Sale starts tomorrow, 25 January.


Last night I went to no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the first time. I thought it would be the cooler option as Durban's paralysing Summer humidity kicks in, but in many ways it was worse. Gi's may be thick and heavy but their cotton sucks most of the sweat off your skin. Without a gi, many of your grips slip straight off the slick limbs you're trying to grab.

There's a beginner girl in the class so I have someone to grapple with, but she's a complete beginner so I'm in a more instructive role. It would be mean and unethical to try and pull off submissions at full intensity when she doesn't know how to defend them.

Oh, and I'm officially now an Organ Donor. Well, signed up with the Foundation anyway. In my bid to do something meaningful and contribute back to society, I finally filled out the forms and sent them in. It's extremely easy to join. Just head to the Organ Donor Foundation website and register online. That's all you need to do. Once you've registered they'll send you a member card to keep in your wallet or purse, as well as some stickers for your ID and driver's licence.

Comments

Dante said…
Awesome. didn't know you can register online. Thanks Noelle. Registered too. Man i love the internet. Helps lazy people like me help others.

;)
Pfangirl said…
You're welcome, Richard;) I thought it was a pretty cool option as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!