Amazing!

I'm shocked. Yesterday I got home to discover that my most recent Take2 order had arrived, within 8 working days. Why is this surprising? 3 of the 5 items were imports with a 10-15 working day delivery. What unusually good service!


Anyway, I now have in my possession Mark Waid's Kingdom Come and his Superman: Birthright reimagining. I'm also sorted for my sister's upcoming birthday, having bought her the How To Lose a Guy DVD and the real life autobiography When Rabbit Howls by Truddi Chase and the 90+ personalities who co-inhabit her body - who am I to question the weird, heavy material psychology graduates read for fun?

While my sister's gifts are a surprise, Paul's Valentine's Day gift isn't. I can't think of anything small to get him that isn't all schmaltzy, so I've paid for volume 5 of The Goon series (Wicked Inclinations), which he had asked me to order for him. Nothing says love like Depression-era zombie clobbering.


And my creative director has just deposited pretty much the entire Sandman series on my desk.

So I have a lot of graphic novel reading to do...

---

In a totally unrelated note, Durbanites interested in taking up Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu may be interested to know that class times have now changed to a much more accommodating 5:30pm. You can find more info by following the Novagen link on this blog's sidebar. And if you're browsing the site, you may just come across a pic of yours truly if you look carefully.

Oh, and Penny Thomas from Novagen has just won the women's division at the North American Grappling Association's (NAGA) Hawaii event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!