Happy New Year & Trailer Tuesday

Well, wishing all you blog readers and friends a very happy and prosperous 2007.

I'm sitting back here in the office staring out the window at glorious sunshine and quiet roads, because much of Durban is still on holiday. I have come to the realisation that I am not one of those people who return to work after a break feeling reinvigorated and raring to be productive. As usual, I ended my holiday feeling horribly down, almost tearful, at the thought of having to come back to work.

Now it's not the work so much that grinds me down as it is the daily routine of getting up at 6am, and spending an hour and a half of every week day sitting in traffic. Life shouldn't be wasted like that. So now my big overarching goal is retirement by 50, so I can actually enjoy, and relax on more than 2 days of the week. And get away from the bloody rat race.

Anyway, some pretty interesting trailers have been released in the past few festive weeks, and I'll go back to highlighting one eveyr week. Here's a massive one: Transformers!



Now as much as I was a child of the 1980's, into all kinds of cartoon series fads, I was never a fan of Transformers (I don't even know who the good and bad guys are). I have a lifelong prejudice against robots that turn into stuff... it's just always seemed so dumb. So excuse me if I approach this film with a hefty dollop of skepticism, while the rest of the world's twenty-something males go ga-ga with nostalgia.

Anyway, I felt this trailer had a very much Independence Day / Godzilla feel to it, focusing more on the petty humans than the actual robots. I think the big credibility test will be the release of a trailer that focuses on the Transformers talking and interacting, with A) each other and B) humans. So we wait in anticipation...

Comments

Gareth said…
Meh, I'll take robots over bears bouncing around on their assess.
Anonymous said…
here's hoping the new year will be better than the last :)..

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!