Happy birthday... to ME


I'm sure most boys won't remember these guys, The Forest Friends, but all little girls of the 80's should.

Anyway, today I turn 25. That makes me a quarter of a century old. What a weird thought. I say weird, because I don't think it's really something to get in a funk over. I like to think I've achieved quite a bit in 25 years (for one thing I'm in print every month for, what, 20 people to read? ;)). Probably the biggest accomplishment though is the arrival here with little to no regrets.

It is a bit sucky having your birthday slap-bang in the middle of the week, and having to spend the day at work. I'm only opening my presents tonight, and hopefully the mysterious, expensive 'You'll love it' Christmas/bday gift that Paul has bought me, has arrived. I think it has, seeing as he's been going on all week about a 'surprise' tonight. After presents and the usual birthday cake candle blowing, we're having a proper multi-course Chinese dinner with my family.

As for birthday celebrations with my friends, at the moment I'm leaning towards an activity this weekend like a picnic at Botanical Gardens, breakfast at Joe Cools, or a late afternoon meal at Taco Zulu. Haven't decided yet though. Most are also weather dependent.

So that's about it really. Out of interest, I share my bday with Pat Benatar, George Foreman and Rod Stewart. And today in history, the League of Nations was established in 1920 and its more famous decendent, the United Nations General Assembly, convened in London for the first time in 1946.

And here's some Capricorn wisdom courtesy of my my Garfield coffee mug: 'Capricorns are ambitious, cautious and practical... Not exactly the life of a party.'

Comments

Dante said…
Happy Birthday Noelle. Enjoy.
Jedi said…
Happy Birthday Pfangirl...
Gareth said…
Happy Birthday lassie.
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sent you a txt but don't know if I've got your latest number. Hope you had an awesome day.
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for your birthday wishes everyone.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!