Trailer Tuesday: The Simpsons



I kind of have mixed feelings about the release (FINALLY) of The Simpsons Movie in 2007. It just seems odd to only now be making a film based on a series that, as much as it still amuses, is growing pretty tired. It’s like making Garfield movies now, a decade and a half after the fat cat’s peak popularity. Hell, at least South Park and Family Guy had the sense to cash in on their popularity with the timing of their big screen adventures.

Of course I’ll be seeing The Simpsons Movie anyway, so my commentary is pretty pointless. Anyway, the trailer above is fun, but it is nowhere near as hilarious is this little work-in-progress clip, also from The Simpsons movie. Head here for Homer hilarity!



Oh, and speaking of trailers for highly anticipated movies, there’s a work-in-progress trailer lurking about online for Spider-Man 3. Essentially it’s an alternative for the trailer just released, except it’s vastly superior in terms of plot revelation, ‘evil’ Spidey footage (he even knocks MJ down), and more glimpses of Eddie Brock/Venom. Sony keeps ripping it down however, so the most I can do is direct you to the Aint It Cool News forum thread, and link to these stills:




Comments

Reel Fanatic said…
I'm a little worried about the Simpsons flick too, but I'll definitely be there to see it .. thanks for posting that trailer!
Wasp Jerky said…
I stopped caring about The Simpsons years ago. It is still funny from time to time, and still has a decent grasp on the pulse of U.S. culture. But it also seems like a wheezing 80-year-old man trying to race a bunch of 20-year olds. Give me Family Guy any day of the week.
Pfangirl said…
I agree with both you guys.

I adore Family Guy for its totally wacky pop culture focus, and occassionally genuine touching moments (Brian falling in love with that old lady).

And I still think South Park is the sharpest animated social satire on TV today. Pure brilliance.

I think a lot of us will be seeing the Simpsons movie purely because we've grown up watching the series (The Simpsons Sing the Blues was the first ever music tape I owned). We still have a sense of loyalty to prove.
poppedculture said…
You're so right - no matter how much I moan about The Simpsons not being what it once was or the movie coming too late, of course I'll be going to see it.

It is no longer just a show, but part of my life, for better or worse.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!