Trailer Tuesday: Rocky Balboa



... Or Rocky VI, if you want to go by the number of films in the series. I grew up watching Sylvester Stallone's Rocky series of films. Like James Bond, they were 'family' films in my household, where everyone gathered together in the lounge to watch Sly's bloody, bruised struggle to overcome his underdog status.

I'm far more fond of Rocky than I ever was of Rambo, so I actually am curious about this Christmas release, which sees a 60+ Rocky come out of retirement to fight the current young heavyweight champion after a virtual computer simulation pits the 2 boxers against each other. I'm sure most of you are snickering at the the thought of how unrealistic such a challenge would be, but you know what, I think I'm up for 'just going the distance' again. Particularly if it finally washes away the horrible taste in my mouth that was Rocky V.

Comments

Dante said…
60 something guy vs young boxer in his peak. Okay i will throw out common sense here. I am actually a big closet Sly fan. Even though i knock the guy a lot. But he is a lot better than the Arnold. He is making a new rambo too. His been busy it seems. Probably will watch this one on dvd.
Pfangirl said…
It's the Rocky music that always gets me excited...

Although, if I had to choose between my 80's Action heroes, I'd always pick Arnie over Sly.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!