Entertainment updates

I’m hobbling around a bit today, having presumably rolled over my left big toe while grappling last night. I must have sprained the joint. At least I got 2 submissions last night – via guillotine and cross choke, and I fumbled my way through 4 rounds of grappling in the Durban Summer humidity.

Anyway, I’m sure that doesn’t classify as Entertainment news updates, so here’s a few pieces:

According to author Neil Gaiman, the Stardust movie (with its all-star cast) will now be released in July 2007, as opposed to its original release date in March/April. So it’s going to be competing in a very jam-packed Summer movie season. I’m sure the film will be marketed well, but I don’t know if little known fantasy has much pull for cinema goers when they’re being distracted by so many other high profile films.


The very striking Lena Headey (Brothers Grimm, The Cave, Frank Miller’s 300) will be playing geek boy icon Sarah Connor in a new TV series that fills the gap between Terminator 2 and Terminator 3, chronicling the continued adventures of Sarah Connor and teenage son, John, Mankind’s future saviour, as they brace for Judgement Day.

So expect lots of chases, hiding ‘off the grid’, weapons and combat training and Sarah eventually coming down with cancer. Who exactly is being sent back to threaten the Connors (without messing up the cinematic Terminator storyline) is another matter. But presumably the Connors will be fighting back on their own without Arnie’s T800.


Oh, and the new Black Christmas trailer is here!

Comments

Dante said…
Hi long time no chat.

I take it you know about the michelle Pfeiffer festival on e? Tonight they are showing Up Close and Personal. Thought i would let you know if you didn't know. ;)

Plus i see your reading Nightwing/Huntress. Haven't read it personally but i am a huge Batman/Nightwing/Robin fan. So will there be a mini review when your done? Please. :p

See you around

Rich
Pfangirl said…
Hey Richard, thanks for commenting. The SA bloggers have been very quiet lately.

Sure they'll be a review of Nightwing/Huntress here when I'm finished reading the miniseries.

And yep, I've been told about the MP Pfestival by several people;) Although, due to my PC/TV Tuner card being out of action, and having to fit into other people's TV viewing schedules, I've yet been able to sit and watch one of the films.

Of course, I own all the movies so it isn't that much of disappointment to miss them.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!