Trailer Tuesday: 28 Weeks Later


It seems like Trailer Tuesday has been skewed towards horror films lately, so for haters of the genre, I apologise now. It’s just that they’ve been piquing my interest lately. Anyway, the following isn’t quite a trailer, but a collection of footage while principal photography for 28 Weeks Later is under way.

28 Weeks Later footage

Now I have a confession to make… I used to think zombie movies were hopelessly lame. If a bunch of drooling corpses are slowly shuffling towards you, well, then just run away. You have time!

Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later, and then the Dawn of the Dead remake, changed all that. Suddenly zombies were rabid, inescapable maniacs infected with a fast-acting virus. They entered my nightmares and stayed there for night after night of bloody, biting, flat-out chases. No 2 horror films have freaked me out in recent years as much as 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead.

Now both films are both getting sequels, and it looks like 28 Weeks Later, starring Robert Carlyle, will be the superior of the 2 films. Mmmm, I love those shots of a deserted London.

The plot synopsis is as follows:

"Six months after the rage virus has annihilated the British Isles, the US Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited -- but one of them unwittingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more dangerous than ever."

28 Weeks Later is due for release in May 2007.

Comments

Stacey said…
I really enjoyed the first 28 days - I'm looking forward to the 2nd one. Thx for all the movie updates. You are my link to the world of entertainment : )
Wasp Jerky said…
Hey cool. I hadn't heard that.

I feel the same way about vampires being overdone. 30 Days of Night was a nice new look at it, although I don't think the comic was pulled off very well. I hope the movie is better.
Pfangirl said…
I'm hopelessly despondent with vampire films as well.

These days film executives seem to treat them only as mindless fodder for teenagers, starring teenagers or hot-looking teen icons. They're all the same and it's so tedious. That genre desperately needs a reinvention.

30 Days could be interesting...

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!