Sequels to movies... and games

The new Spider-Man 3 trailer is up!

My, oh my, it looks pretty sweet. Although, I thought the Troy and X-Men 3 trailers were fantastic, and both proved to be horribly misleading in terms of the finished films' overall quality. So I think I'll be entering the cinema in May next year with some caution.

Anyway, the lack of Venom in this trailer makes me think we'll only be introduced to the slack-tongued villain in this film, in preparation for a much bigger clash in Spidey 4.


In other news, an expansion has been announced for PC game, Titan Quest. I'm not quite sure how the expansion's storyline is going to work seeing as the original game ended conclusively, but I'm hoping that this time around we'll be visiting some other ancient civilisations (Norse, Aztec, Mayan, Indian, and more Persian), and fighting their mythological beasties.

From: Firing Squad

The Holiday 2006 dated issue of PC Gamer magazine has the first concrete info on the upcoming Titan Quest expansion pack from developer Iron Lore and publisher THQ. The expansion's title will be Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and will contain about 10 to 15 hours of additional gameplay with over 30 new quests, 20 new monsters, a new Dream Mastery system that adds eight additional classes to the game and more.

In the words of Borat, 'Very very nice'.

Comments

Dante said…
Wow. I never thought of that one. Cause i was wondering how are they going to handle Hob Goblin, Sandman and Venom + plus the Peter/Gwen/ in two hours. And i never gave thought to a fourth installment to the series. Interesting.
Wasp Jerky said…
Talk about your post-9/11 subtext.

I imagine they are indeed just setting up Venom for later on. Eddie Brock will probably show up in the movie, lose his job, and then get the alien costume at the very end of the movie.
Anonymous said…
I have to agree with you on the Spidey issue, as for the Titan Quest expansion, I wouldn't mind other civilizations, in fact that would be something quite special.
Reel Fanatic said…
That fantastic trailer has me so psyched for Spidey 3 that I want it to open right now!

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!