A Good Wednesday

I’m afraid entertainment updates will be a little thin on the ground today as our international Internet line has been incredibly slow since yesterday and will no doubt continue today until at least tomorrow. I’m just hoping the connection is good enough for me to at least be able to post this entry.

Anyway, yesterday was a pretty good day. I’m in something of a state of hyper festive and gift-giving glee at the moment, which no doubt I will come down from when I realise Christmas is still 26 days away. It’s just nice to be super organised in terms of presents for once.

Anyway, my Take 2 Christmas order was dispatched yesterday so it should be arriving today. Included in it is a little present for myself – Gummi Bears Seasons 1 – 3 on DVD, which I am so looking forward to watching. I borrowed a video of taped episodes from Ashley last year, and was surprised to discover how enjoyable and timeless the series still is. My mother has also shown some episodes to her class of Grade 1s, who, despite being completely unfamiliar with the franchise, loved it.

Gummi Bears was truly a pioneer back in the days when kids’ TV used to be packed with cartoons; not lame live-action Nickelodeon series. Gummi Bears paved the way for other Disney TV classics, like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin and Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers. It defined TV animation for a generation.


For anyone looking for a fun experience for their tongue, look out for new Cadbury Magical Elves. I thought they were festive replacements for Caramello Bears, when in actual fact they are solid chocolate full of pop rocks. Eating the Magical Elves is like having static or a popcorn maker in your head. It’s such a weird experience. We were killing ourselves laughing in the office.

Speaking of the office, each of the women finally received a smart-looking, agency-branded, button-up top yesterday. We picked our sizes and the style ages ago, but had essentially forgotten about them until they arrived on our desks yesterday.

We’re busy at work but *knock on wood* not killing ourselves to meet crazy deadlines. A group of us walked down to Beanbag Bohemia yesterday to have a glass of wine over lunch, and just enjoy the Durban Summer and fresh air for an hour.

Yesterday we also drew names for an office Christmas gift swap. Essentially you have a max budget of R40 to buy something fun/creative/personality-suitable (apparently one year a bankie of dope was given) for the person whose name you’ve secretly picked. I’ve ended up with my copywriter creative director.

Other than that I’m sitting today at my desk all bruised from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last night. My wrists and biceps in particular are covered in finger marks.

Comments

Dante said…
"...Jumping here and there and everywhere..."

Hehe. Was there ever a gummi bears movie?
Stacey said…
How do you get finger marks on you? That sounds really weird
Pfangirl said…
No Gummi movie, but unlike a lot of animated series, it actually had a proper conclusion in Season 6.

And Stacey, finger marks, not finger prints - think of somebody grabbing you really hard, and their fingers digging in so much they leave bruises.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!