A productive weekend

It’s now officially less than a month until Christmas!

And I’m proud to announce that this weekend, in hyper organisation mode, I just about finished my Christmas shopping (I even wrapped my purchases). I just have my uncle, aunt and cousin to buy for, as well as something a little extra for my sister’s boyfriend. And I think that can be accomplished with minimal fuss, even if I have to brave the parking-less (what a stupid time for construction work!) Pavilion in the coming weekends.

Anyway, the weekend technically started on Friday around lunchtime. With the directors away, and people still sheepishly recovering from Wednesday’s Christmas party, the agency was quiet. So studio made the decision to work flat out in the morning, and, healthy Christmas bonuses in hand, we headed out for lunch. Of course, with year end parties underway, finding a place wasn’t easy. We ended up having gourmet pizzas at Pizzetta on Davenport Road.

I didn’t do much on Friday night except discover how annoying Battlefield 2142’s Internet-necessary login is every time you play. Oh, and I dozed through Wedding Crashers again.

Saturday morning was Christmas shopping, and I treated myself to a Superman Collected boxset – not the R1000 Ultimate edition, but rather the 4 original movies (with some special features) for under R300. I’m looking forward to sitting and watching them all again, but I’ll be doing that alone since Paul’s Superman prejudice prevents him from appreciating the films.

Anyway, at Paul’s in the afternoon we spent 2 hours in the kitchen making my speciality, chocolate squares, and Paul’s much heralded ham pie / quiche. Here’s our handiwork.



On Saturday evening, and Sunday evening (after a very windy braai which Robin came over for), we played PC games. With Paul’s ‘old’ graphics card in his mother’s PC (which I use), and his own new rig, multiplayer Titan Quest and F.E.A.R. Combat are fantastic. We can run the games on medium and high settings respectively, so they look gorgeous. And best of all, the keyboard-smashing frustrations of lag in Titan Quest are gone!





So, yes, it was a very pleasant, chilled, and productive weekend.

I’ll be sending out emails and SMSes to the invitees but considering most of the Durbs gang reads this blog anyway, I’ll give you the heads up now. I’m throwing a Christmas party at my place on the evening of Saturday, 23 December. It’s really just a chance to see friends before festive family time sets in. 6:30 for 7pm. Bring and share… food that is;) RSVP yadda yadda. And please just let me know what you’re bringing, in advance if possible, so we don’t end up with a table of sausage rolls and nothing else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!