Otherwise, this weekend…

Apart from watching Apocalypto this weekend, it was a weekend of money-spending. I think my credit card is still steaming…

For one thing Paul and I went clothes shopping. Paul was by far the big spender (why are guys’ clothes so much more expensive than girls?); I contented myself with some bargains I found on the surf stores on Stanford Hill Road. I finally managed to pick up new, more comfortable branded baggies for R100. Oh, and yet again, I found myself trapped in a half wetsuit. Paul had to pry the stupid thing over my sweaty, cloth-suctioning shoulder blades.

Where the money spending really happened was that Paul and I took the plunge and bought our Golden Circle tickets for the My Coke Fest concert happening in Johannesburg on 27 April. Top lining the 12 hour music festival are Guns ‘n’ Roses, Evanescence and Hoobastank, with other international and local artists still to be announced. I couldn’t really care about Axle and co (apart from Welcome to the Jungle), but Evanescence and Hoobastank are 2 of my absolute favourite bands. I just have to see them live!

Here’s 5FM’s page on the event, with a FAQ near the bottom that promises freedom from the hassles (drinks and food shortages) that affected last year’s series of multi-artist Coke concerts.


Otherwise on Saturday Paul and I had lunch at trendies’ tea garden, One Nine One on Musgrave Road (big portions of ‘healthy’ food, and a surprisingly chilled atmosphere for a place literally next door to Musgrave Centre). On Sunday we discovered a pretty cool special at Wimpy – a cheeseburger, chips and a new grape-blueberry milkshake for R29.

In between the thunder storms and power dips we continued playing Titan Quest, and then had to restart our PS2 game of Family Guy from the very beginning after Paul managed to corrupt our save game.

Oh, and I finally FINALLY got around to watching the first episode of Heroes. Very impressive! The series seems to have Lost’s expansive, world-encompassing feel without Lost’s habit of making the audience feel like they’re excluded from a ton of secrets. Although I was most engrossed in Ali Larter’s single mother storyline, I think that I would most like the indestructible cheerleader’s powers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!