Entertainment updates for Thursday

OK, a few bits and pieces of entertainment news this morning…

It’s high awards season in Hollywood, but if you’re looking for the usual Best list, mixed with some fun alternates (including Best Villain and Best Poster), check out Nathaniel’s annual Film Bitch awards. The nominations have been announced, with winners’ names appearing on 1 February.

The Stardust website has finally been updated (well, kinda), with downloads, a picture gallery and even a digital colouring book. But enough with the stills from this all-star fantasy film… where is my trailer, dammit!

I want to see Michelle Pfeiffer in all her evil Wicth Queen glory. Anyway, here’s a pic of her with low-grade witch, Ditchwater Sal. To explain this pic, and why Michelle’s Lamia looks so pissed off, she’s just discovered that Ditchwater Sal has spiked her meal with a truth-telling potion. You just don’t do that to your boss lady - it’s a severe career limiting move.



Oh, not really news, but I saw this on MTV over the weekend, and it honestly is one of the funniest Celebrity Deathmatches I have ever seen – Kevin Federline versus yesterday’s birthday boy, Justin Timberlake. ‘Score me some cash and I’ll put a ring on that finger.’



----

In personal news, after a pretty good Brazilian Jiu-jitsu session on Monday (there was a new guy I could practice my sweeps on), last night I felt like I rolled like shit. I was extremely frustrated with myself, seeing as I seemed to spend every round fighting just to free my arms from sleeve grips. And I just could not pass the guard…

So instead of the embarrassingly bursting into tears in front of a room of sweaty men, I’m adopting an alternate approach – I have resolved to boost my non-existent upper body strength. So from now on, after every Brazilian Jiu-jitsu class, I’m doing reverse chin-ups, and weightlifting reps with Russian Kettlebells.

Comments

Team America said…
and once you look like this I will be leaving you!
Pfangirl said…
I was thinking of looking more like this:

http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/2602/f118tj.jpg
Team America said…
as long as you lose the gi and the taco smell
Anonymous said…
You should come join jiu jitsu forums :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!