The Weekend in a Nutshell…

‘This is me in a nutshell… Help, I’m in a nutshell! How did I get into this bloody great big nutshell? What kind of shell has a nut like this?’

I was exhausted on Friday evening, and after bumping into, and then joining Paul’s parents for dinner at John Dory’s in the Pavillion, Paul and I relaxed by watching the original Austin Powers. The fembots, Allotta Fagina, Random Task (‘Honestly, who throws a shoe?’) and Will Ferrell before he was famous… It’s hard to believe the film is 10 next year. And I don’t care what anyone says. It’s still my favourite of the trilogy.


On Saturday, Paul was running errands and I was rather constructive myself. It took a hefty chunk out of my bank balance but I’ve essentially paid off my car. I was tired of having that debt hanging over my head. Now at least I can look at setting up, and putting money aside monthly into, an investment policy.

Back home from the bank, I repaired a shelf in my cupboard, spring cleaned by going through my wardrobe and putting aside old and unworn clothes for charity, vacuumed my room, cleaned the inside of my car, and continued colouring my latest Girlz ‘N’ Games.

At Paul’s in the evening, we had a mini-braai and watched Shrek 2, as well as some alternate music videos.

Sunday was largely consumed with waiting around… first at Paul’s grandmother’s flat where Paul and his father were helping fix hassles with the TV, and then at the Wanderers’ squash courts where we had to wait for a free court. We ended up playing with strangers watching and commenting for a while, which I absolutely hate.

For once it was Paul and not me who dozed off during the Sunday night movie. After he went home, I sorted up updates for my Portfolio website, putting the latest Girlz ‘N’ Games cartoon and my most recent GEAR writings online.

Anyway, I have something on the go every night this week so it won’t be until next weekend before I can relax properly again. Well, in theory anyway. And I still need to christen my new bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!