50th Birthday Bash

It was my mother’s 50th birthday on Saturday, and we had a big party at our house. Here are some photos from the evening, which was a big success and actually a lot of fun… particularly after most people had left, and myself, Paul, my mother, my sister and her boyfriend decided to mix and match assorted shooters – Black Sambuca, Archers peach schnapps, Amarula and coffee liqueur mix, and Suitcases (whiskey chased by fruit juice). It was probably the most drunk I’ve ever been.

These photos give a good indication of how the evening progressed (just don’t tell my sister I put this shocking picture of her online ;)):






Anyway, the first half of the weekend was largely consumed with preparations for my mother’s party. We did squeeze in Shirley’s bday breakfast though at The Quarters Hotel, which was a really nice morning, and a chance to catch up with some friends I haven’t seen for a while.

Paul and I also raced through the Pavillion, picking up the new NAG magazine (which, along with GEAR, seem to be sold out all over the place already for some reason), some cycling gloves (not that I got to use them this weekend), a bday badge for my mother, and some new clothes. I also spotted a few gamer geeks carrying their brand new XBox 360’s around.

On Sunday, we just caught up on some sleep and attempted to relax. With the overcast weather, cycling didn’t happen. Instead, Paul and I finished Titan Quest on Normal difficulty. Although, my love affair with the game (when playing multiplayer) pretty much ended when lag got me killed 5 times within 5 minutes, and I could actually watch my experience bar moving backwards. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated.

Just as a heads up for Tuesday evening for any Durbanites who’re interested... Paul and I are going to the 7:30 show of highly acclaimed new horror film, The Descent at the Pav. I doubt we’ll do the dinner thing beforehand (to save some money), but depending on what time we finish, and how we’re feeling, we may have drinks somewhere afterwards.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Just give me a heads up if you’re interested. And please spread the word to the usual crowd.

Comments

Dante said…
Just the mention of the word suitcase makes me want to hurl. That stuff is evil. Evil i say!
Lord Spaceman said…
I was gonna watch The Descent (heard good things about it) on Saturday, but realized it's not showing at Musgrave :( . and I didn't feel like driving to the Pav. Altough I do find the Pav's movies a tad bit pricey @ R39 a movie (that's why I suppose your are going on a Tues :) ). I too am a crazy gaming, movie watching Durbanite! I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and enjoy it thoroughly - keep up the amazing job ! My blog isn't nearly as interesting as yours, but check it out when you get a chance !
Pfangirl said…
Hi Lord Spaceman, thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm a Ster Kinekor Musgrave movie-goer as well, and it's a bit too far for me to go all the way to Gateway for The Descent. So I'll be doing the budget Pavilion thing instead;)

Oh, and I'll definitely be checking out your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!