The Silly Season begins

You know Christmas is fast approaching when your normal routine goes out the window to be replaced by social gatherings and festive tasks like decorating the Christmas tree, upping your home's holiday cheer with a smattering of Christmas ornaments, and baking mince pies. So, alas, pop culture consumption took a backseat this past weekend (although I'm hoping to make amends with at least 2 cinema visits in the next few days). I did however finish reading Superman: Birthright, so you can expect a full review of this 21st Century Man of Steel origin tale later this week.


Also, in case you've ever wondered what I sound like, I took part in a The Digital Edge podcast a while back on the subject of MMORPGs. For those of you interested I make my little 2-minute contribution about 2/3rds of the way through.

Anyway, this Saturday I attended the wedding of 2 close friends. And how do you know there was a touch of geek to proceedings? Well, we were sitting at table Thrall, and other names on the seating plan included Galadriel, Milamber and Ridcully. I must confess though that I only recognised the WarCraft and Lord of the Rings references... lousy traditional fantasy fan that I am. Ahem. At least I made amends by looking quite glam on the day. And, as far as I know, only a couple of incriminating photos where taken later in the evening during a visit to the shooter bar.


Sunday involved a substantial amount of Christmas "admin" work, buying and setting up both the bf's Christmas tree (still to be decorated this week), as well as my family's. Here's our Christmas tree for 2009, as usual groaning under the weight of 3 sets of Christmas decorations - my mom's, my sister's and my own. Every year the poor little tree ends up with its increased burden because it feels wrong not to put up all the baubles and ornaments while my sister and I are still living at home. After all, the decorations only have one single chance a year to be admired.

Comments

Gehenna27 said…
Ridcully the Discworld wizard perhaps?
MJenks said…
You look fabulous!

And, was there a table called "George Martin's Lazy Ass Should Finish a Song of Ice and Fire Already"?
Pfangirl said…
Gehenna, exactly, but as a total Terry Pratchett noob I didn't know that ;)

MJenks, alas no I didn't see that table name :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!