Trailer Tuesday Double-up: Terminator and Harry Potter

I've profiled the teaser trailers for both these films before, but in the past 2 weeks or so, new trailers have been unveiled - and I'm pretty sure you want to see them both.

So first up is Terminator Salvation, which I initially blogged about here. I'm tentatively excited about this one, largely because the man in the director's chair is Charlie's Angels' McG. This said, I've been very impressed with what I've seen in trailers so far. The CGI work looks topnotch and I'm especially glad that the filmmakers have chosen to dump the dark post-Apocalyptic world glimpsed in the first 2 films, and have the man vs. machine battles instead take place against a parched Fallout-esque backdrop. I also really can't help but get excited every time I see a dismembered Terminator dragging itself forward with its arms... [Cue Brad Fiedel's Terminator theme]



Terminator Salvation opens in the US on 21 May. No clue when it is set for release in South Africa, although UK and Oz release dates are early June.

Apart from Watchmen, my other most highly anticipated film of 2009 is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the penultimate installment in the Harry Potter saga (bearing in mind the final J.K. Rowling book, the Deathly Hallows is being split into 2 films for release in November 2010 and July 2011).

I initially commented on the teaser trailer for Half-Blood Prince here. The film should, in theory, make for an awesome film. The book was one of the least action-packed in the series, allowing for much-needed breathing space on the big screen (always a necessity with a Harry Potter film lest you end up with a rushed disappointment like Goblet of Fire).

Anyway, the big drawcard this time around is that Half-Blood Prince finally focuses on the back story of evil dark wizard Lord Voldemort. And someone very important dies. Looking at this new trailer, the film looks boootiful, although I can't say I'm especially blown away by the sight of Death Eaters taking out London's Millennium Bridge (even if a bridge collapse is mentioned early on in the novel).



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is released in the US, South Africa and in many other countries on 17 July.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, they'd better hurry up with the Potter movies in any event. Actors are beginning to look a little old for their respective parts! :)
Pfangirl said…
They might just make it, Craig. Just. I believe they're already filming Deathly Hallows or about to start to filming. It will be odd, and a little sad, when it's all finally over...

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!