The weekend

As I mentioned on Friday, there was going to be a lot of World of WarCraft playing this weekend. And there certainly was. On both Friday evening and Sunday Paul and I pushed our orcs (Paul’s warrior Owick and my hunter Bestilla) up a few levels and got to the first major Horde city, Orgrimmar – where you get to witness such wonders as a Level 70 Undead Warlock parking his skeletal horse mount halfway up a palm tree.

I also tamed my first pet, a rather useful boar I’ve named Rawg.

Mostly, though, I took to my new professions of skinning and leatherworking with major enthusiasm. I’m already a Journeyman skinner, and I probably would have been even nearer to my next upgrade if I had made the great trek back to the professions trainer closer to the level cap.

I’ll try post up some screencaps next week.

Now in case you think that online gaming is turning me into a cat-arser (love that term!), fear not, because I didn’t even touch a PC on Saturday. It was actually a very busy day out and about. In the morning we were up early to go to the annual Durban Airshow, which was more interesting and had marginally more variety than previous years. Highlights included a Mirage touch-and-go, an excellent stunt soloist in a 300-something or other, several Boeing 737 fly-overs, and an 11-plane strong Yak formation.


You can see official photos (by Clinton Wyness) from the Airshow by clicking here.

In the mid afternoon we joined Ashley, Ian, Gareth at the Riverside Hops & Barley pub for some drinks and lunch with Walt, down from Johannesburg for a course. Despite the Durban humidity (which apparently a lot of Joburgers struggle with), Walt managed to top us all in terms of appetite. Much later on in the evening we rejoined the same crowd again at a surprisingly quiet Burn nightclub, for some drinks and alternate music.

In between we house-sat 5 cats, including a tiny kitten who refuses to sleep, and finally got our grubby paws on an Xbox 360. We gave up on Gears of War though after 5 minutes of attempted split-screen co-op, which was horrifically confusing. Instead we’ll wait for the PC port ;) Boxing game Fight Night was pretty cool though, and from what we played of it, Dead Rising, with its focus on bloody zombie carnage, was the best of the bunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!