A time out, please

OK, I really need a night off – an evening to just curl up under the covers with a mug of Milo and doze off while reading, or watching this week’s episode of Heroes.

You see, I’ve had something on every evening this week and I need a little “Me” time. Plus, I think I need to give my body some time to recuperate. I’m going on a week and a half now of having this terribly annoying tingle in my throat, which keeps making me break out in a dry coughing fit. And it seems to be combined with some kind of one nostril sinus infection which isn’t running, or congesting, or even affecting my senses of smell and taste

Still, I’m tired of being pseudo-sick so I’ve decided to take a break from my daily morning kettlebell routine until I’m 100%.

Anyway, back to this week’s busy evenings so far –

Monday was Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as usual.

On Tuesday we did the boyfriend/families thing at the Barnyard Theatre, guzzling pizza while we watched The Buddy Holly Story. It really made a pleasant change to watch an actual theatre production at the Barnyard instead of the bog-standard, increasingly tired “tribute” show (why yes, Dancing Queen, Bad Moon Rising and Bohemian Rhapsody again!). The cast of Buddy Holly are proper musical theatre performers – combining acting, singing and instrument playing live on stage.

The show was great. And I have to say that the actor who plays Holly is quite the babe. My sister and I were quite horrified to find out though that he’s only 20.


Oh, and by the way, the festive season show at the Gateway Barnyard sounds pretty cool this time – Celtic Rock is a tribute to all the great “rocking” musical performers that have come out of the Emerald Isle, including the Corrs, Cranberries, U2, Chris De Burgh, Thin Lizzy and The Commitments. I’m definitely keen for that one.

Last night our advertising agency went to play indoor Action Soccer, which was a lot of fun, but bloody exhausting - you may be decently fit for one type of sport, but that fitness doesn't necessarily hold up for participation in others.

With all the running around, and sling-shotting myself out of the wall nets, I managed to pick up a big toe blister and a kick to the shin – all in the process of our team coming second. I also managed to almost break my nose, when a male graphic designer kicked the ball full blast into my face as I ran in to tackle him. The bash to my nose stung like hell, but fortunately there was no expected crunch and gush of blood.

These kind of injuries are actually pretty common when I play ball games - my enthusiasm and competitiveness tends to make me overly gutsy, with no regard for personal safety. I rush in where angels fear to tread.


Anyway, here’s our red team, iKickit, with our silver medals. We also won best dressed team (the guys were wearing red clown wigs), so today we’re having free pizza for lunch.


So yeah, I want tonight to chill, especially since we're not playing Dungeons & Dragons this week. Oh, and my copy of World of WarCraft arrived yesterday. Hopefully Paul and I will get playing again on Friday. Orcs, orcs, orcs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!