Friday film stuff

I'm feeling a bit better today after some much needed sleep, and considerable progress with this month's freelance writing tasks last night. My CD review is finished and my July GEAR column is pretty much structured. It just needs to be refined and edited to meet length requirements. Apart from writing a short 200-word film review, I should be able to do some relaxing this weekend.

Spider-Man 3 is released today. We'll be going tomorrow morning for the Spidey IMAX experience. So far international reviews have been so-so. While the film apparently delivers in terms of action, apparently the plot, with its villain-cramming and unconvincing coincidences ("oh look, symbiote just fell out of the sky"), is a bit lame. But we'll see...


Meanwhile, Aint It Cool News' Harry Knowles is raving about Stardust, based on Neil Gaiman's romantic-fantasy novel. Michelle Pfeiffer - the film's witchy villainess - already seems to be on the promo tour for the film. She appeared on Ellen at the end of last week. Here's the main clip, uploaded by the very kind Juanita:



You can also watch a fun "grocery packing race" between Michelle and Ellen DeGeneres by clicking here.

Comments

Wasp Jerky said…
I guess the symbiote thing does have to be a bit forced. I mean, they're not exactly going to go the Secret Wars II route in the movie. :)

Anyways, saw it last night. There are some really cheesy parts, and Eddie Brock acquiring the symbiote is a pretty big uncovincing coincidence. But I still liked it quite a bit.
Pfangirl said…
Yeah, so did I. I was NOT one of those people who thought Spider-Man 2 was the greatest comic book movie ever made. I enjoyed this installment more, for all its flaws.

Great to see you back in the blog world, BTW ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!