Trailer Tuesday: The Golden Compass

Yeah, sorry for the late-ish update. I had a dentist appointment this morning. As I expected, the pain I’ve been having on-and-off on the bottom left side of my face isn’t my teeth – they’re in perfect condition. Rather, it’s the jaw joint itself. I haven’t been grinding my teeth, though. Rather, the teeth aren’t meeting perfectly and that’s causing the joint to twist slightly. I have a sneaking suspicion the frequent elbow-on-jaw pressure in Jiu-jitsu is to blame for the alignment issues.

Anyway, it turns out it’s one of those problems I’ll have to live with for the rest of my life – don’t you love the finality of health problems when you start getting older? The most I can do, if the pain ever gets too unbearable, or causes my jaw to seize, is get a plate made that I will wear for the rest of my life…

Anyway, at least I’m over the “not knowing” stage. Onto the usual entertainment news updates...

Released yesterday was the teaser trailer for fantasy The Golden Compass, due for release in December.



Three words: Armoured polar bears! I'm seriously considering picking up author Philip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy before this film is released. It looks like awesome fantasy for both children and adults, in the vein of the Narnia Chronicles

Plot synopsis:
Based on author Philip Pullman's bestselling and award-winning novel, The Golden Compass tells the first story in Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. The Golden Compass is an exciting fantasy adventure, set in an alternative world where people's souls manifest themselves as animals, talking bears fight wars, and Gyptians and witches co-exist. At the center of the story is Lyra (played by newcomer Dakota Blue Richards), a 12-year-old girl who starts out trying to rescue a friend who's been kidnapped by a mysterious organization known as the Gobblers - and winds up on an epic quest to save not only her world, but ours as well.


The star-heavy cast includes Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig, Sam Elliott and Eva Green.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!