The Long Weekend

I’m not going to do a day-by-day recap of the weekend. Rather, here are some of the highlights:

Say hello to little Trent, my first ever cousin! He was born on Friday evening, and weighed in at a hefty 4.02kg. We were very worried about him on Sunday when he went a bit jaundiced and was still refusing to feed, but yesterday he finally latched, and has been enjoying some time in the “sun booth” to break down the enzymes that cause jaundice in newborns.





On Saturday and Sunday morning Paul and I were up from 6:30am to head to the Expo Centre and set up Paul’s company’s stall for the Small Business Exhibition. We had to hang around there for a while on both days, and, man, was it bo-oo-ring! Really, what Durbanites are interested in start-up companies on a long weekend?

Anyway, Game had a special on one of their off-road bicycles, so we went to check it out on Saturday morning. Unfortunately the seat of the bike was too high for me. Browsing the racks we found the following bicycle, which was cheaper than the special and had all of its features, including the all-important quick-release front tyre. Oh, and I could actually sit on it. Unfortunately, an incredibly long technical support call on Sunday afternoon meant Paul and I couldn’t take it for a proper test run in the game reserve. That’ll have to wait until this coming Sunday… so the weather better be pleasant.



Other than that, I watched several episodes of Little Britain Season 1, tried to spend as much time as possible reading in the sun (I’m now at the beginning of Chapter 10 in Alan Moore’s Watchmen), and got in a good, bruise-causing grapple with Paul… just please ignore how dodgy that sounds.

Oh, and I finished my 5 minute photo montage / birthday tribute to my mother. So that’s one thing done in preparation for her big 50th birthday party this coming Saturday. Now to sort out all the music, move the furniture and make a litre of chocolate sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!