Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix



Next to The Chamber of Secrets, Order of the Phoenix is probably the darkest and most 'hardcore' of the Harry Potter series of books.

Nothing seems to go right for our wizard messiah - no one believes that Voldemort and his minions are on the loose, Harry faces expulsion, he's being portrayed as a nutcase by the Wizarding press turning him into a pariah at school, there's the stress of the OWL exams on which his whole future depends, the vile Dolores Umbridge takes over Hogwarts, potential love interest Cho Chang can't get over Cedric's death, Defence Against the Dark Arts is toned down and Dumbledore seems to be avoiding him. Needless to say, Harry spends a lot of time in Phoenix feeling very angry and frustrated.

Anyway, the first offical high-resolution pics from the film are now online. You can see them at Comingsoon.net right HERE and HERE. These include pics of Umbridge and Luna Lovegood (who I always assumed was JK Rowling's projection of herself into her novels).

Here's a nice one of Harry's 'extra-mural' Defence Against the Dark Arts club, Dumbledore's Army (from JustJared.com):

Comments

Anonymous said…
I see they are all in their school uniform in Dumbledore's Army. I hope they don't abandon the more casual but modern look that has become part of the film series. Either way, I'm quite looking forward to the next film.
Pfangirl said…
I'm sure they won't. Dumbledore's Army meets late at night when the kids are at Hogwarts. I can't remember but I'm sure at Hogwarts they have to wear their school uniforms at pretty much all times.

Certainly sneaking around the corridors in uniform would be less suspicious than doing it in civvies.
Anonymous said…
I like harry potter very much. I want to read no.7. but i can not because now it is english. I must wait until it is thai. nice to meet you. my name is piew.
Anonymous said…
HOW DARE YOU!!! Luna Lovegood is alittle, well loopy, and Umbridge is horrible horrible woman! So how dare you state that that was J.K.Rowling projecting herself into her novels! J.K. Rowling isn't loopy and she isn't a horrible person. I suggest you interpret/think about what you say before you say it. Truthfully, if I was J.K. Rowling and read that, I would be bloody offended! What kind of persone would say that! THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!