Sandi Thom is Dom

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late and to a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

When the head of state didn't play guitar,
Not everybody drove a car,
When music really mattered and when radio was king,
When accountants didn't have control
And the media couldn't buy your soul
And computers were still scary and we didn’t know everything

[Repeat chorus ad nauseum]


Say what you want about all the male and female skanks in the pop music industry but at least they know to sing about subject matter they’re familiar with – sex and parties.

Miss Sandi Thom on the other hand is clearly some up-and-coming pop diva who has just been handed a song to sing with absolutely no clue about what she is singing. Punk rockers with flowers in their hair? Clearly the Scottish songstress is confusing punks with hippies, because I’m sure the only flowers 1970’s punks would wear in their hair were garlands made of human fingers and safety pins.

To confuse the 2 groups, with their vastly contrasting doctrines (Punks were anarchists who did not give a shit about anything!) is absolutely criminal. It’s this kind of inane pop bullshit that got me to stop watching music videos, and turning off the radio, in the first place.

If all Miss Thom is capable of is bullshit, misleading whimsy, expect her to be half naked and gyrating against a sweaty, topless male dancer inside of 3 years.

Full lyrics to I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker here…



Ah, a hippie in a leather jacket... Of course, it all makes sense now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!