Is The Pond drying up?

Xavier is debating the history and potential demise of In the Pond, a forum that was set up as a mental haven for bored South African 20somethings with a passion for debate, geeky pop culture and general crap talking.

Despite being one of the moderator/admin types- an original Jelliwip member- I haven't been to The Pond in over a month now. I needed a break to cool off, and in my absence settings changed so you could no longer lurk anonymously, watching discussions without having to log in. In fact, after a while, the URL for the forum changed. I can't even get there anymore.

Although I'm not around, it'll still be weird, if the Pond dries up (as it were), to be completely cut off from many of the people there... to know that the communciation cord has been severed should I want to make contact, or just pop in to see how people are doing. Say what you want about forums, but you get a far better picture of people's everyday lives and problems there than you do generally on blogs or via email... Stuff comes out into the open that otehrwise wouldn't. For good or bad.

Oh, for the record, for the vast majority who don't know this, Jelliwip stems from the accronym JULOIP, which stands for the Just Us League of Intelligent Posters. And now you know.



Speaking of gaming type things, time to find out why I haven't been paid for my July GEAR work, and politely decline writing a feature for October.

Comments

Dante said…
Yes me too. I am alone as a batman fan their now. :(

O and your previous post basically answers my question that i mailed you. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!