Cameras, Batman and fish

Just a highlights package of this past weekend's activities:

On Friday I bought my first ever digital camera, a PANASONIC DMC TZ11. It was a "necessity" purchase seeing as my overseas holiday is coming up in just 7 weeks now, and I seriously couldn't keep borrowing cameras for the rest of my life (And yes, I am one of those primitives whose cellphone doesn't have a built-in camera and MP3 player). The Panasonic is perfect for my needs - a top end compact with a massive 10x optical zoom and plenty of features. Now to read the instruction manual...


Saturday involved a post-payday clothes shopping expedition - also in preparation for the holiday. Once again I failed miserably in my attempt to find some new pants and a new pair of takkies (Edgars seriously has the world's most unflattering dressing rooms), but I did pick up some track pants and an attractive fleecy jacket, greatly reduced at the Lizzard surfwear store's closing down sale.

On Saturday evening we were in the mood for seafood, and having enjoyed it so much in Greece last year, I scrounged around on the Internet for a good stuffed calamari recipe. Combining a few different recipes the end result was this:


That's a calamari tube, stuffed with savoury rice, onion, red peppers, prawn, calamari and white fish; with cajun calamari tentacles and chips/fries on the side. And yes, this picture was taken with my new camera.

The big activity of Sunday was going to see The Dark Knight at the Gateway IMAX. Of course you can expect my full review up here in the coming days but I'll say here now that the film is probably the most complex, thoughtful superhero film ever made. It is really very good, much better than Batman Begins. I would also suggest making the effort to see it at an IMAX cinema if you can, chiefly to "experience" the very impressive Gotham City and Hong Kong cityscapes, and the immersive action sequences that take place against them.

Comments

Dante said…
Batman... where do i start? There isn't a word in the english dictionary. Or i just don't know it. O and it is true what they all said about heath ledgers performance. I have never seen an actor play a role to perfection like this. He was amazing. The Dark Knight is going to be hard to follow up.

As for a batman movie? The best!
Pfangirl said…
I thought you'd like it, Dante ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!