Tuesday is TV time!

I'm not a big TV fan at all. In fact, I watch very little on the Idiot Box. However, switching between SABC 3 and MNET, Tuesdays now have a pretty sweet line-up, involving the handful of shows that I do actually make time for.

SABC 3, 19:30 - 20:30
Season 10 of The Amazing Race (my all-time favourite reality show) will be finishing next week or so, and will be replaced by Survivor: Fiji, the *gulp* 14th season of the reality show that started the genre craze - for better or worse. Although I was a devoted fan in the beginning, I've kind of lost interest in the format over the past few years. It's likely I'll only be dipping in and out of Fiji this time.


MNET, 21:30 - 22:30

When Rome ended its second and final season, fans were disappointed. Just where were we supposed to get our fix of historical drama liberally spiced with graphic sex, violence, political intrigue, betrayal and sumptuous costuming?

Along came The Tudors, focused on the early reign of Henry VIII. Season 2 kicked off last night with Henry (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) still pushing for a break from the Catholic Church so that he can divorce Katherine, his much older first wife, and marry mistress Anne Boleyn. The most notable addition to the cast this season is living legend Peter O'Toole as Pope Paul III.


MNET, 22:30 - 23:00

Season 11 of South Park, unquestionably one of the funniest American satirical series of all time, started 2 weeks' back. Highlights of this season include a spoof of 24 involving Hillary Clinton and a vagina bomb, an episode centred on Mr/s Garrison and a lesbian bar, a succinct dig at Guitar Hero, and U2's Bono competing to be the world's biggest turd.


Happy viewing, everyone!

Comments

MJenks said…
I bought my wife The Tudors for her birthday on a blogosphere recommendation.

I think for Christmas I might start getting her Rome (she was a Latin and Classical Studies major in college).

I can never remember when South Park is on, so I never get to see it first hand.
Pfangirl said…
I still think I prefer Rome just that little bit more than The Tudors.

Of course this could be because I'm fascinated with the Ancient World - I also took Classical Studies courses at university whenever I had course slots open :)

Rome mangles the historical timeline a bit but the series features one of the most authentic-feeling depictions of day-to-day Roman life ever. Both the nobility and lower classes get plenty of screen time.

I highly recommend the series.
MJenks said…
Awesome. Based on how she likes the Tudors, I'm hoping she'll love Rome, too.

I love having big slices of Christmas shopping done before the summer is done. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!