Weekend rundown

Well, this was my last full weekend with the boyfriend before he heads overseas for work again. He's only supposed to be gone for 3 weeks this time, but overseas client demands always change things, so the absence could be for much longer. *sigh* We'll wait and see.

Anyway, as Paul will be away for Valentine's Day, and potentially our 4-and-half-year anniversary as well, we decided to treat ourselves to some good seafood and good service on Friday evening, going for dinner at New Fish Cafe. It's certainly not the cheapest restaurant in Durban but you have a fantastic view over the yacht moll and harbour, and the food is absolutely awesome - and completely customisable if you want: add a few prawns, substitute an extra piece of linefish for mussels, etc, etc.

The rest of the weekend was pretty chilled. Our plans for a beachfront swim or paddle fell through due to the weather on Saturday but we cooked quiche, baked tarts, watched The Simpsons Movie for the fourth time (which definitely will appear on this blog's Most Quotable Movies feature some time) and played a helluva lot of World of WarCraft.

Paul is desperate for his orc warrior to reach Level 40 before he leaves, so he can buy his mount (and gain 60% faster movement speed). As we played together this weekend, my orc hunter finally achieved the same goal, purchasing a dire wolf. Here she is in the rainy Arathi Highlands:


And in case you were wondering what my solo character, an undead warlock, currently looks like, here she is at Level 45 (everyone mocks her hat):


So, yeah, by the time Sunday evening came around, I was pretty WOWed out. I did however get to briefly hook up with Lord Spaceman's character when I dusted off my pathetic Level 4 human mage for some very basic questing.

The rest of Sunday evening was spent sorting out my new PC, updating virus software and reorganising folders. I'm also now in a kind of self-imposed quarantine at home, given that my extended family came for Saturday lunch and introduced a very vicious stomach bug to the household. My mother and grandmother were up the whole of last night puking their guts out in the bathroom. I want none of that this week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!