Unleash you inner bitchiness. It's Razzie time!

The nominees for the 28th Annual Razzie Awards have just been announced. For those of you who don't know, the Razzies are essentially the Anti-Oscars, "honouring" the year's worst films and performances. Previous notable "winners" include such disasters as Showgirls, Basic Instinct 2, Gigli and Catwoman.

Razzie nominations are announced the day before the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveils their prestigious list. Razzie winners are then revealed the day before Oscars' envelope-opening ceremony.


Leading the nominations this year are I Know Who Killed Me (9 nominations), I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (8 nominations) and Norbit (8 nominations).

I had enough sense to stay away from most of these trainwrecks, so I can't comment on their quality from personal viewing experience. However, I honestly didn't think Norbit was that bad. The film was utterly forgettable and certainly offensive to the obese, but I laughed at it a lot more than the Nutty Professor films - Eddie Murphy's other multi-role movies. Ghost Rider, remains my worst film of 2007, by far.


Anyway, here's the full list of 2007 nominees, off the Razzie website:

Worst Picture
Bratz
Daddy Day Camp
I Know Who Killed Me
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Norbit

Worst Actor
Nicolas Cage (GHOST RIDER, NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS, NEXT)
Jim Carrey (THE NUMBER 23)
Cuba Gooding, Jr. (DADDY DAY CAMP, NORBIT)
Eddie Murphy (as Norbit) (NORBIT)
Adam Sandler (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY)

Worst Actress
Jessica Alba (AWAKE, FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER, GOOD LUCK CHUCK)
Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos & Skyler Shaye (BRATZ)
Elisha Cuthbert (CAPTIVITY)
Diane Keaton (BECAUSE I SAID SO)
Lindsay Lohan (as Aubrey) (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)
Lindsay Lohan (as Dakota) (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)

Worst Supporting Actor
Orlando Bloom (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END)
Kevin James (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY)
Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong) (NORBIT)
Rob Schneider (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY)
Jon Voight (BRATZ, NATIONAL TREASURE 2, SEPTEMBER DAWN, TRANSFORMERS)

Worst Supporting Actress
Jessica Biel (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY, NEXT)
Carmen Electra (EPIC MOVIE)
Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) (NORBIT)
Julia Ormond (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)
Nicolette Sheridan (CODE NAME: THE CLEANER)

Worst Screen Couple
Jessica Alba & EITHER Hayden Christensen(AWAKE)
OR
Dane Cook GOOD LUCK CHUCK)
OR
Ioan Gruffudd (FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER)
--
Any Combination of Two Totally Air-Headed Characters (BRATZ)
--
Lindsay Lohan & Lindsay Lohan(as The Yang to Her Own Yin) (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)
--
Eddie Murphy (as Norbit)& EITHER Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong)
OR
Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) (NORBIT)
--
Adam Sandler & EITHER Kevin James
OR
Jessica Biel (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY)

Worst Remake or Rip-off
Are We Done Yet?
Bratz
Epic Movie
I Know Who Killed Me
Who's Your Caddy

Worst Prequel or Sequel
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Daddy Day Camp
Evan Almighty
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II

Worst Director
Dennis Dugan (I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY)
Roland Joffe (CAPTIVITY)
Brian Robbins (NORBIT)
Fred Savage (DADDY DAY CAMP)
Chris Siverston (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)

Worst Screenplay
Daddy Day Camp (Screenplay by Geoff Rodkey and David J. Stem & David N. Weiss)
Epic Movie (Written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer)
I Know Who Killed Me (Written by Jeffrey Hammond)
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (Screenplay by Barry Fanaro and Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor)
Norbit (Screenplay by Eddie Murphy & Charles Murphy and Jay Sherick & David Ronn)

Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Captivity
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II
I Know Who Killed Me

Comments

Anonymous said…
Am I the only one that liked Chuck and Larry?

I hope Nic Cage wins for his work in Next. Was so awful.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!