I'm officially the same age as Britney!


My day has been completely made by this picture, from the Japanese premiere of gothic musical Sweeney Todd (which reteams director Tim Burton and Johnny Depp). I think I need a T-shirt now that says "Make a wink."

While we're celebrating fangirls, I suppose I should mention that today's my birthday. Well, half a birthday, because there's nothing really special about your day when you're sitting at work.

I'm not one for new year's resolutions but a birthday is a chance for reflection - about what you've accomplished so far with the time you've been given on this earth, and about what you feel you still feel the need to do in the year head. I feel like I've settled into something of a rut lately, which has left me frequently frustrated, down and angry - so here are my goals for 2008:

- Try really, really hard to be more positive.

- Get my own space/place. Ideally with the bf, so our 5 year relationship can move beyond the puerile "seeing each other only on weekends" stage.

- Sort out my portfolio/personal website and devote more creative time to getting Girlz 'N' Games more solidly established with a web presence.

- Bite the financial bullet and bring my geriatric PC into the dual and quad core age so I can play newer games in all their intended prettiness.

- Attempt to get back into regular fiction writing.

- Get at least one World of WarCraft character up to level 70.

- Have another overseas holiday.

- Move closer to achieving my blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

- Seriously investigate emmigration options.

- Read the Bible (knowledge is power when you want to take on Bible bashers).

- Do something physically extreme/perilous (e.g. sky diving, white water rafting, bridge jumping, scuba diving etc. Hell, right now I'd settle for the "safer" option of the Karkloof Canopy Tour.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey,
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one!

Cheers
Ryan
Anonymous said…
Those are good goals especially the "be more positive one" which is one of my new years resolutions. Sadly, I've already broken it. :(
Pfangirl said…
Me too, Lord Spaceman, me too. For once my Facebook horoscope has been spot on for this week - I've been in a dark, grumbling funk since I've got back to work...

Hey Ryan, thanks!
Dante said…
Happy birthday Pfangirl. We love you!

What do you mean by Bible bashers? People who bash the Bible or people who that bash you with the Bible?

I personally want a King James Bible. Purely because its so cool. My afrikaans Bible is sooo boring.
Pfangirl said…
Hmm, perhaps I worded that a little harshly, Dante. :)

One of my major pet peeves are those people who slam books, movies etc. because of "what the Bible says". I would prefer to be in a knowledgeable position when it comes to stuff like that. I mean, I know a lot of the main stories, but I've never actually read them myself. The same goes for scripture.

Plus, I do think it's important for Christians, whether practicising or not, to have read the book and achieved their own understanding of matters.

Oh, and dude, you want to get yourself a Catholic Bible, with its extra books that have cool titles like Bel and the Dragon! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!