The weekend round-up

The weekend comprised of lots of gaming and watching of games. Of course I managed to get in a decent amount of World of WarCraft - Bestilla the orc hunter is now just 2 levels short of 40 (mount purchasing time, yay!), and Euridycce the undead warlock is sitting at Level 44.

I've been trying to be more aggressive, taking on whatever Alliance player characters (within my level range) I see. Basically it's revenge for all the times I've been "ganked", normally by 2 Alliance bastards at the same time, and normally while I'm busy fighting NPCs as part of a quest. But I guess I'm a bit too honourable, prefering not to sneak up on people, because my success has been limited. Then again, maybe my reflexes are too slow for PVP. Perhaps I should just roam around contested Level 20-30 areas, causing endless frustration by taking out lowbies.

Anyway, on Saturday I spent the whole day in the sun at the cricket. It was the deciding final test match between South Africa and the West Indies, and also local lad Shaun Pollock's last game before retirement from international matches. The play we saw was pretty dull, with just 3 wickets falling early in the morning. All sunned out, we ended up leaving in the mid afternoon, just before the WIndies crumbled. South Africa was victorious - 2 days early.


It was a fun day, with plenty of off-field distractions to keep people amused in the boring patches of play. Fielding legend Jonty Rhodes was sitting on the grass with his family about 5 metres away from us. More importantly, Saturday was Fanatical Fans day, so there were plenty of people dressed up (or down) to show off their loyalty to the Proteas - these included people dressed up in inflatable sumo outfits, Donald Duck costumes, human flowers (Proteas, naturally), a SA cricketing bride and the eventual winner of the Castle Lager sponsored competition - an inhibition-free Borat lookalike, complete with disturbing green speedo.

Back home I crashed out cold for a few hours after way too much sun, and woke to discover the only portion of my body I'd missed coating with suntan lotion, was my neck. Ow!

Paul was back on Saturday evening and in quieter time during the rest of the weekend we continued playing awesome comedy adventure game Sam & Max: Season 1, completing Episode 3: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball (which starts off with some difficult puzzles but ends easily) and Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die (which has you driving back and forth between Sam & Max's office and the White House as you take on a brainwashed idiot president).


Otherwise we went shopping on Sunday, and I picked up a few belated self-bought birthday amusements: always a fan of woman-fronted rock bands, I finally got my paws on the classic K's Choice album Cocoon Crash. Hard to believe that it's already 10 years old... I'm getting so old.

Otherwise, I received an incentive to upgrade my PC when Paul bought me Overlord as a birthday present. I also just had to pick up the open-ended Viva Pinata, which has FINALLY been released for PC after being an Xbox exclusive for over a year. I've heard such good things about this one - plus it looks so colourful and all-round cute. I'm really looking forward to playing this one... even if it is probably the most "girlie" game I've ever bought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!