Watchmen and Indy

I get pretty tired of always having to explain to clueless people what graphic novels are. But my enthusiasm always perks up when I get to talk about Watchmen, probably the greatest superhero-focused graphic novel ever created - written by Alan Moore, drawn by Dave Gibbons, and only graphic novel to appear on Time Magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present."

Anyway 300 director Zack Snyder is hard at work in Canada on the big screen adaptation of Watchmen, and some new set pics are up on the official Watchmen movie site. Fans of Moore and Gibbon's work will be blown away by the minute attention to detail - though nit-pickers may notice that the couple-embracing silhouette graffitti is missing, as is the nuclear car chargers. This truly is the Watchmen world (an alternate take on the 1980s) brought to life!


Click here to see more pics. Watchmen is set for release in June 2009.

------

Now let's move onto the latest addition to my favourite ever all-time film series: Indiana Jones. (As a sidenote, compiling a favourites list the other day I discovered just how much this whip-cracking archeologist has coloured my video game playing preferences).

Anyway...

Now although Ain't It Cool News has been told to remove the latest photos from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (due out on 22 May next year), they're still floating around the blogosphere.


You can catch the rest (well, one other pic) here at My New Plaid Pants, one of my favourite movie blogs. This includes one of Indy and his greaser son, played by Transformers' Shia LaBeouf.

------

On a personal note, my little Facebook status rant a while ago was right... I have 2 lonely weekends still to go. It now turns out that Paul will probably only be back late on Sunday, 9 December. What was supposed to be a month long work trip has morphed into a 7-week absence.

I've reached the point where frustration has pushed me to the point where I've given up. Mostly I've decided I don't DO long-distance relationships. Love is a 2-way thing: It needs returned communication, love and affection to grow and thrive. And when huge distances and work busy-ness get involved, inevitably 1 partner feels neglected when it always seems to fall to them to initiate the communication effort.

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
Wow, Harrison Ford is looking ancient. Can he even use that whip?

Hang in there pfangirl, Paul will be back soon. There is no reason for you to not get an extra-doubly-big Xmas present this year from him.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!