Whatever weekend

This last weekend wasn't my most enjoyable one, mostly because I seemed to be frustrated by everything I attempted.

For one thing, I could barely play World of WarCraft. The CD a friend wrote - containing the massive 2.3 patch update - just wouldn't copy or install, so I had to download the entire patch myself, gobbling up a hefty portion of our 1GB cap. I'm now going to have to ration out my playing for the rest of the month.

So that was my Friday evening... downloading updates. What made matters worse was that, due to lag, the game was virtually unplayable until late on Sunday evening. As a warlock it's impossible to layer curses effectively when you seem to freeze while casting the most basic spells. And the long pauses when you pick up loot, or gather herbs, open up opportunities for enemy attack.

Instead, I decided to play The Ship, that quirky First-Person-Shooter-meets-Management game. Unfortunately it's Steam powered and let's just say that my first experience with the digital rights management system has not been a good one. When its auto-updating functionality stated it would be 8 hours before I could play(!), that was the end of that. I don't have the cap right now for whatever it wants to load.


The only thing that seemed to really go well this weekend was Christmas shopping on Sunday. Apart from some goodies to buy online, I'm already practically done. Talk about organisation! I even wrapped all my purchases yesterday.

As for this week I need to put in as much time on the mat as possible because there's a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Submission Wrestling Tournament this coming Saturday at Greyville.


No-gi (grappling in shorts and T-shirt) isn't my favourite event as most of my tried and trusted techniques involve gripping gi fabric to control my opponent. Plus, Paul was initially supposed to be back in time for the tournament, but his delayed return means that he won't be there. As I don't know if I want my parents present, I'll be competing without any "personal" support there on the day.

Plus, I just got a call this morning from a guy whose website I designed 3 years ago. Of course now he wants "minor" changes. Having worked on websites for a full year at EvilCorp, I am fully over business websites. But despite the fact that I really don't want to do it, but I'm sure I'll guilt trip myself into making the changes once I receive the document outlining the changes.

*sigh*

I just want November over... it's been a miserable month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!