Tequila is the Devil's breast milk

Please excuse me if I'm a little subdued on the blogging side of things today.

Last night was our company's "Wear a festive hat" Christmas / end-of-year lunch, held at Harvey Wallbangers in Durban North. It was a "lunch" that ran past 9pm. It was one hell of a good time (and surprisingly controlled, even if a company bigwig licked my palm), with excellent food, drink and company. It was also easily the most drunk I've ever been.


The advertising industry has often been presented as a collective of deranged and egotistical creative types fuelled by a cocktail of booze and illicit drugs. The drugs part is mostly a lie these days, but there's one fundamental requirement for people considering a career in advertising and marketing: the ability to drink!



I didn't have to drive last night, and I'm still pissed off at being boyfriendless for another 10 or so days (on top of 6 weeks already, hmph), so I could afford to let myself go a bit.

So there was a Bacardi Mohito, 2 glasses of Chardonnay, 1 glass of Sauvignon blanc, 2 Jager Bombs and a shot of tequila.

I coped perfectly with everything (I actually find Jager Bombs a tasty shooter) except the damn tequila! It sat burning in my throat for ages, and my throat still feels raw. I'm also sure tequila's the reason that once I got home, showered, sent a standard "Pity there's no one here to take advantage of me" SMS to the bf, and lay down on my bed, that I completely passed out. I only woke up again at 1am to realise that someone (my sister) had tucked me in, and that I'd slept straight through the arrival of 3 SMSes from Chile.


Apart from waking up feeling a bit dizzy, I'm fine today. Fortunately. It's a good thing too. With my boss away for the rest of the week I have to be all responsible-like and run the copy division, and handle its assorted crises, on my lonesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!