TV time

I actually don't watch that much TV. Since we've got DSTV, I think I've actually watched even less, especially since in a household of people, someone is always watching something in the same timeslot as anything I'm remotely interested in. So no cult Action-X TV series or old Disney movies for me...

At the moment though a lot of my old TV faves are coming back, with something on essentially every evening. On MNET, the second episode of Prison Break Season 2 was broadcast last night, Lost Season 3 premieres tonight and Desperate Housewives Season 3 is back tomorrow night. Nip/Tuck is in full swing again, and Smallville (whatever the hell season we're on now) is on Tuesday as well. For once it doesn't clash with either of SABC3's reality TV twosome - Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Speaking of The Amazing Race, there are rumblings that the show will be back after the Cricket World Cup. What's more interesting is that SABC (and not MNET for a change) has landed the broadcast rights for the unmissible superhero drama Heroes. That's according to TVSA, the South African TV Authority. Heroes will start airing from Tuesday 1 May, 2007, in the prime 20:30 time slot.

In case you haven't been poaching episodes from the Internet, here's the Heroes plot synopsis, also off TVSA:

Heroes is an epic drama that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities – and a destiny to save the world.

They include a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy) in India who is led by his father's disappearance to uncover a secret theory – that there are people with super powers living among us.

Also featured are a young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia) who tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar) that he can fly.

A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) learns that she is totally indestructible while trying to relate to her father (Jack Coleman) who has a keen interest in people with special abilities.

A Las Vegas single mother (Ali Larter) struggles to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey) and discovers that her mirror image has a secret.

A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress), can paint the future.

A down-on-his-luck Los Angeles beat cop (Greg Grunberg) can hear people's thoughts, which puts him on the trail of an elusive serial killer.

In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka) develops a way to stop time through sheer will power.



----

In totally unrelated news, I finished my Titan Quest review last night (expect it online very very soon). So I'm free in the evenings for the rest of the week. Time for a little 'Me' time - some TV, Sandman reading, gaming and much needed sleep. Actually I'm pretty much free for next week as well - with Micah away, there's no Brazilian Jiu-jitsu until the 26th. I guess I'll have to try and convince Paul to roll with me a bit in the meantime.

In terms of grappling this week, things seemed to go pretty well after a 2 week break (because of my badly scraped spine). I managed to stay off my back for a change and maintain a dominant position for most of the rounds. I even almost completed an omoplata shoulder lock. Lately I've been concentrating on setting up combinations from the different positions, and that seems to help in terms of attack options.

Here's a pretty good pic I found of the omoplata:

Comments

Stacey said…
A link to TVSA! I love that website.
Pfangirl said…
Yeah, Stacey, I just followed your link. It's a useful site.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!