My Coke Fest disappointment, and weddings

On Monday I posted up a list of confirmed local acts performing at the 2 My Coke Fest mega concerts to be held in Johannesburg and Cape Town in late April/early May.

That's Springbok Nude Girls, The Parlotones, Evolver, Cassette, J, The Dirty Skirts, Love Jones and Taxi Violence.

Now it's been announced on the 5FM site that these artists aren't all performing at both events:

The Springbok Nude Girls and The Parlotones will be performing in both Johannesburg and Cape Town, with Evolver, Cassette and J performing in Johannesburg only, and The Dirty Skirts, Love Jones and Taxi Violence performing in Cape Town only.

I'm disappointed because the Cape Town only performers were the local acts I was most interested in seeing. Oh well, it was only going to be a nice little local bonus. I'm at the concert for the international acts.

---

In other news, I is off the forum juice again... Not that I was fighting with anyone, but work is picking up again (just like on old action-game show, Gladiators I have to run the Gauntlet, trying to please/dodge 2 fussy clients over one big project), and Paul is unhappy about me posting.

So if you want to be in contact or have something vital to tell me, post your comments on this blog, or email me at my gmail account - that's my firstname.surname@gmail.

Anyway, tonight I have to go through the painful process of accessorising for Saturday's wedding, picking jewellery and shoes (most likely raiding my mother's cupboard). Blergh. The more I think about it, I could quite easily cope with marriage. However, the whole schlepp of a wedding I could very easily do without. Simply get someone else to organise it, make sure the reception is pleasant and has good food, and pitch up on the day.



Speaking of weddings, if I had to pick a First Dance song today, I would probably pick Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence, which is all about cutting the crap out and focusing on what is important. I love the chorus:

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm.


More specifically, I think I would pick Failure's fantastic cover (30 second sample here) (Lacuna Coil also included an awesome version on their recent Karmacode album). In my online search for the track, I discovered that there have been 40+ covers of the song by different bands, and most of them are detailed here on My Old Kentucky Blog.

So, what's your ideal wedding song?

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
Nine Inch Nails - Closer

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!