Today, South Africa!


Alright, I know Speed Racer completely disappointed in the US, and that it has absolutely no nostalgia value to South African viewers. However, I'm still keen to see this heavily-CGIed, live-action cartoon sometime soon. It's from the Wachowski brothers after all.

I just hope 2 things:

1) That the visuals aren't so overwhelming and confusing that you actually can't make out what is happening.

2) That I don't have a seizure from the swirling bright colours.


Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Comments

Dante said…
I don't know why, but I also want to see this movie. At first I was "that looks crap" but I more I see the trailer I go "That looks interesting and new". So yeah, will probably be crap, but interesting and new crap. You know?
MJenks said…
I was pleased when my kids decided that they didn't want to see this.

However, now they want to see Wall-E. I cringe.
Anonymous said…
It's really not as hard to follow as the whiners are saying. I found the actual movie way more coherent than the ads.
Pfangirl said…
Yeah, I'm expecting mind blowing, pioneering visuals but a very simplistic, cliched storyline.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the film this weekend but I discovered on Friday that it's showing at the local IMAX, so I'm hoping to check it out there in the coming weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!