Blog this! ... and some new movie posters

Well, that's a nice surprise in my mail box first thing this morning... It turns out that one of the editors at Blogged.com came across my blog and reviewed it.

Pfangirl Through the Looking Glass received a score of 8.4 out of 10. This score was based on the following criteria: Frequency of Updates, Relevance of Content, Site Design, and Writing Style.

I'm pretty chuffed about the achievement.

Anyway, I have the feeling today is going to be a very long day. It hasn't helped that I've been up since 5:20, making a chocolate cake in preparation for the bf's birthday tomorrow (mmmm... cake mixture, the breakfast of champions!).

The bf doesn't come here often so I don't mind posting his presents here - the RoboCop and RoboCop 2 DVDs (relating to a bet we once had) and the book The Alphabet of Manliness by love-him-or-hate-him Internet personality Maddox.

Included in the same Kalahari.net order for myself were the LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures video game and the DVDs of Conan the Destroyer and Conan the Barbarian. The latter is actually a replacement purchase after I loaned it out to a friend, and they promoptly lost it. My requests to replace it were then either ignored or treated as a big joke (what the fuck?!!).

I'm a firm believer that there is no better indication of a person's character than the way they treat other people's property - I'm thinking especially of those morons who hire DVDs from the video store and return them so badly scratched that they're unplayable for the next sucker who picks them.

Anyway, after staring at a gaping hole in my DVD collection for over a year, I decided to cut my losses and replace the DVD myself. I'm certainly never lending out any of my DVDs ever again.

Now, by Crom, I feel a Conan back-to-back double feature coming on sometime soon.

I know that sequel Destroyer is more of a kiddies' film that highlights the worst excesses of 80's fantasy. However, Barbarian remains one of the best ever examples of fantasy for adults, stripping out dialogue and other unnecessary crap in favour of copious amounts of flesh and blood... and playing out almost entirely in archetypes. Pure awesomeness.


Anyway, for those of you who have no interest in my personal ramblings, here are some brand new posters that debuted at the Amsterdam Cinema Expo this week. Movie blog Film1.nl posted them uonline first.

First up is a series of G.I. Joe character posters, all of which reveal the film's full title: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. No big surprise, but the sub-title suggests the filmmakers have a big screen franchise in mind.

Anyway, here's Channing Tatum as Duke:


You can also check out Sienna Miller as the Baronness and Ray Park as Snake Eyes on the same Dutch site.

Also, it turns out that Dragonball poster I commented on a little while back was actually a fake. This is the real deal:


G.I Joe and Dragonball are set for an August and April 2009 release, respectively.

Comments

MJenks said…
I'm going to be very pissed if there's no Mr. Popo in the Dragonball movie...
Pfangirl said…
I'm embarrassed to say I had to google "Mr Popo" to remind myself who exactly he is :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!