Today, South Africa!


Alright, I know Speed Racer completely disappointed in the US, and that it has absolutely no nostalgia value to South African viewers. However, I'm still keen to see this heavily-CGIed, live-action cartoon sometime soon. It's from the Wachowski brothers after all.

I just hope 2 things:

1) That the visuals aren't so overwhelming and confusing that you actually can't make out what is happening.

2) That I don't have a seizure from the swirling bright colours.


Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Comments

Dante said…
I don't know why, but I also want to see this movie. At first I was "that looks crap" but I more I see the trailer I go "That looks interesting and new". So yeah, will probably be crap, but interesting and new crap. You know?
MJenks said…
I was pleased when my kids decided that they didn't want to see this.

However, now they want to see Wall-E. I cringe.
Anonymous said…
It's really not as hard to follow as the whiners are saying. I found the actual movie way more coherent than the ads.
Pfangirl said…
Yeah, I'm expecting mind blowing, pioneering visuals but a very simplistic, cliched storyline.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the film this weekend but I discovered on Friday that it's showing at the local IMAX, so I'm hoping to check it out there in the coming weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Queer Icon (Part 2)

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Grant Morrison’s Supergods... and my Superman