Wacky Wednesday

Well, the Wednesday update on this blog looks like it’s going to be changing for a while. Due to load shedding (fuck you, Eskom!), we have to make up the lost work hours by either:

A) Coming into the office at 6am, so that people can go home when the electricity is cut at 2pm.
B) Coming in at normal time, but remaining in the office during the 2 hour power outage, to carry on working on a laptop.

Because I pretty much have to wait in Durban until till 5pm for Jiu-Jitsu class anyway, I’m taking Option B. But that does mean I can’t exactly come in here and leisurely write up a blog post when my co-workers are already slaving away.

So… until the load shedding schedule changes again, Wednesday will be a “Funnies” day, comprising some images or articles or jokes that have amused me recently.

To start off with, here’s something from the frequently very funny, frequently very arb, Married to the Sea:


It's damn funny, but I also think this is a very real "problem" as pop culture addicts reproduce, and introduce their children to their "weird" obsessions, whether they're pop culture products or the celebrities linked to them. I mean, I'm disturbed by stories of mothers who read Perez Hilton to their kids before bed. Instead of Goldilocks and Cinderella, now little girls have the adventures of Amy, Lindsay and Britney to whisk them away to dreamland.

Always better to be more of a nerd than a geek I say! At least you'll be able to share a wider variety of useful and useless knowledge with your kids.

Anyway, mmmm, speaking of Wacky Wednesday, I feel like a Steers burger. Cheers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!