Festive Season Friday: Santa Claus, The Movie

I thought I’d run a little weekly feature this holiday season, focusing on some Christmas films and TV specials that played a role in my childhood. So, first up, Santa Claus: The Movie:


I haven’t seen this film in years, but I remember watching it at least once ever two years from around 1988 to 1993. I remember certain key elements, like Dudley Moore’s elf mass-producing dud toys for the world’s children, Santa teaming up with a runaway, and John Lithgow’s evil corporate-type floating around and laughing manically after eating magical elvish lollipops.

Wikipedia refreshed my memory, with a much more substantial outline, but I think I’d still be afraid to see it again now – I imagine it would appear incredibly mediocre, and dated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
all time favourite christmas movie i have watched this every year for as long as i can remember, i am now 27 with two children myself and can't wait to pass on our family tradition.
10/10 the best

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!