Girlz 'N' Games #46: Simthing to be grateful about


There's not much to explain in terms of this new Girlz 'N' Games comic. As rare as black diamonds, there really do exist women out there who DO NOT like The Sims. I should know. I'm one of them.

I attempted to play The Sims 2 a few years' back, for about 3 hours. Once I achieved my goal of getting my Sim to whoohoo (have sex) - and that saw my character missing work, neglecting her personal hygiene and being burgled - I was done with the game. Bored. But I'm in the minority of course. I personally know women whose Sim families have been around so long they've reached their 16th generation...

I'm sure there are many men out there who wish their significant other was done with The Sims franchise. You see, many gamer guys see The Sims as the ideal gateway drug to introduce their lady friends to gaming. What they quickly learn though is that The Sims isn't a harmless joint. It's crack cocaine! And in sitting their partner down in front of that PC screen, they've created a monster with Twilight levels of obsession. Sims junkies are incredibly irritable and distracted when not playing, and incredibly neglectful when they are. Hours and hours can pass by, and they won't realise it.

So ultimately guys, you have been warned. For the sake of your relationship, for the sake of your sanity, for the sake of everything that is good and holy, do not let The Sims 3 into your home.

Oh, and yes, as always, if you like this comic, why not join the Girlz 'N' Games Facebook group? Come on, you know you want to...

Comments

MJenks said…
This is extra funny to me because last night my wife called for something and I was in the middle of a boss fight on FFXII, and I was like "In a minute!"
Pfangirl said…
Thanks for the comment, MJenks!

I'm also guilty of the "coming right now" thing a lot. MMORPGs like WOW make it even worse because you can't pause the game. Typically you have to get yourself to a safe spot out of combat before you can log off and exit the game.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!