Valentine's Day edition of the Girlz 'N' Games webcomic


I've been sitting on this latest edition of Girlz 'N' Games since Tuesday evening when I uploaded it to my website. Not only is it the "sweetest" strip I've ever done, but panel 5 probably makes it the most "graphic". It's also, at 6 panels, the longest of my 37 strips. And yes, if you do care about these matters, it is based on a true story.

So, moving on, what are your plans for Valentine's Day? For me it's going to be a subdued evening, with wine and home-made pizza (and hopefully no parents!) at home. We're staying well away from restaurants, parks and malls because in Durban, people completely throw themselves in Valentine's Day with a mad frenzy. You see them forking out for overpriced roses, snapping up the cheap, heart-clutching teddies that are everywhere, queuing out the door at restaurants (what a fantastic way to spend your evening!) and often even bankrupting themselves to buy their beloved the current Gadget of the Moment (the iPhone at present).

Of course I am in something of a cynical mood when it comes to romance at the moment. The bf and I are currently doing some serious soul-searching about our future as a couple and it doesn't look at all good right now, so I'll admit I've had a hard week - not only having to draw the comic but face Valentine's Day lovey-dovey bullshit everywhere I look. My pet hate of the moment is couples who, knowingly or unknowingly, thrust their love in everyone's faces. I just want to throw acid back in theirs. Ha! Give me flawed, normal couples any day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!