Trailer Tuesday: Transformers 2 & G.I. Joe TV spots

I was out the office this morning during my usual blogging period so it'll have to be just a mini version of Trailer Tuesday for today. And it's mini in more ways than one - both the following trailers are short 30-second TV spots that screened during the Superbowl in America this weekend.

Both trailers show the first released footage from 2 of the most eagerly anticipated blockbusters of this year's mid-year release season. And both blockbusters are, incidentally, based on 80's cartoons. Now where's my Bravestarr movie, Goddammit?!

Anyway, here's Transformers sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen looking like more of the same as the first movie... except now that it's all supposed to be "darker" and more intense, there are a lot more shots of people looking worried, and a great deal more night fighting between the bots. Once again, it looks like the film places too much emphasis on the human contingent instead of the Transformers... *yawn*.



G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, as I was expecting, looks like cheesy action deluxe. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less from the director of the first 2 Mummy movies and Van Helsing. It also looks like the film makers have overdosed on wire-stunt work and over-the-top CGI, but I think I'm just about ready to forgive them, if only to see the Eiffel Tower vaporised on the big screen. Wheee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!