Crash, bang, boom

Ah, there really is no better way to start the day than thinking you've just been shot at or attacked...

I pulled into my parking at work this morning and while I was bent over, fiddling around under my seat for my handbag, I hear an almighty bang. Looking up, my back windscreen was completely shattered. My heart racing, I slowly get out of the car to look around for evidence of thrown bricks or stones... but nothing. My windscreen has shattered for no apparent reason.

Although, on second thought, there actually is a very good, valid reason...

I had heard about this problem with 2004-2006 model Corsa Lites for at least the past 2 years, but it had never happened to me before now.

Fortunately, as the breakage is a design fault - something to do with "an excess heat build-up in the glass demister terminal of the rear windscreen" - it means the repair will be done by the dealership for free. Thank goodness.

And thank goodness this all happened while I was already stationary. If I was driving, I may have crashed out of shock.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, that is a crappy way to start the day!

And here I thought they had fixed that problem with the Corsa up already though :(

At least my old '97 Jetta doesn't suffer from exploding windows! :)
Shirley said…
At least its fweee to replace, yay! Some people had to cough up for it, according to the complaints I once read on iol and hellopeter, because Corsa at the time claimed that the replacement, er, cough, ahem, window had expired.

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!