What a weekend...

Well, not really... This last weekend was a pretty quiet one, both in terms of getting out and about, and in terms of pop culture consumption.

In terms of gaming, I finally got to Level 70 in World of WarCraft this weekend. It might shock some of you to hear that it's taken me a full year to accomplish this (power levellers can apparently max out a character in a few weeks), but I do at least have a second character (at Level 66), who is already in sight of the current level cap. And I certainly wasn't short for cash when it came time to buy my flying mount.

Anyway, here's my warlock in her first complete blue item set (Imbued Netherweave). It's pretty generic gear, but it's a starting point as I decide what direction to take my character from here - equipping for raids or PVP or Arena. Decisions, decisions... time for some research.


Anyway, apart from WOW, the Olympics opening ceremony, and a boardgame-and-braai evening on Saturday, the weekend was quiet. I rounded off Sunday watching 3 episodes from Season 11 of South Park (which is currently showing on MNET on Tuesday evenings at 10:30pm). Local TV viewers still have 5 weeks to go before they can watch the 3 "Imaginationland" episodes, but they're really in for a treat. Apart from the fun of playing "Spot the famous fictional creation", the episodes have a great deal to say about the powerful lasting impact of imaginary creations on our reality.


Otherwise I finally got around to watching The Queen, MNET's surprisingly cerebral choice for a Sunday evening movie. Based on real life events and real life figures, The Queen isn't one of those films where much happens, and there's a definite resolution capping off events. However, the performances are outstanding across the board and it's fascinating to get a glimpse into the private lives of the British monarchy. It's an all-round classy project, completely devoid of sensationalism, and I have to wonder how it's American equivalent, W., focused on George W Bush, is going to hold up by comparison?


--------------

Just a heads up: blog updates might be a little on the terse side this week. My boss is away, making me mini creative director for the next 5 days. As a result, there will be less time spent blogging and trawling my favourite sites, and more time spent sitting in meetings and making decisions on the spot.

Cheers for now...

Comments

MJenks said…
Meetings are so much fun.

Good luck with that.
Pfangirl said…
Thanks :)

Though at the moment I think I'd take endless snooze-inducing meetings any day over the massive pile of "urgent" proofing jobs accumulating on my desk. Blergh...

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!