Weekend on the run

My apologies for the late and somewhat abrupt update today. There's a lot of work underway in the office and, naturally, what better way is there to start a busy Monday morning than with 2 non-scheduled power cuts? Praise be to Eskom, bringer of Darkness.

Anyway, it was a pretty chilled weekend, the second of three boyfriendless ones (Paul should be back this coming Sunday). I got some sun, read and played a lot of World of WarCraft, pushing my Warlock to Level 54 as she arrived in the lush Un'Goro Crater region, populated by dinosaurs, shuffling tar elementals, apes and assorted plant beasties. Unfortunately we're rapidly approaching our ADSL cap for the month so I'm going to have to severely cut back on my online gaming in the next 2 weeks... Ho hum. Guess I'll get to work on that next Girlz 'N' Games comic...


Otherwise this weekend I got a much-needed haircut, joined the extended family for Sunday lunch and (re)watched a handful of movies, including Stardust, The Holiday and Oliver!.

I'm a big fan of movie musicals, and Tim Burton is one of my career role models (along with Neil Gaiman), so I'm especially looking forward to Burton's bloody Gothic musical Sweeney Todd (starring Johnny Depp) which opens in South Africa this coming Friday, 22 Feb.

This last weekend I just had to gear myself up by catching Oliver! on TCM on Saturday evening. And I see that Annie is scheduled for ETV next Saturday.


So that was my weekend in a nutshell. I'll try to squeeze in some entertainment news on this blog later today if I have time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!