Unhinged...

It's raining in Durban today... That means it's time to double your rush hour commute time. Plus over the past 2 days traffic seems to have exploded everywhere, with multiple serious accidents closing main freeways and clogging traffic. So my driving anxiety levels are high...

Add to the mix some crushing work deadlines, my boss being away, and everyone wanting something of me (which I just actually can't deliver, making me look bad) and well, I just don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to my blog at the moment. Much to my annoyance. And despair.

I'm just not having a very good time at the moment with so many big decisions and uncertainties weighing down on me...

So I'm afraid you'll just have to keep yourself amused today with this teaser clip for a local documentary called Unhinged: Surviving Joburg, which is apparently due for release this year. It gets a bit overly quirky towards the end, but I think it does an excellent job of summarising the frenzied, anxious and schizophrenic existence of so many urban South Africans (not just the guys in Johannesburg, our economic capital). International blog readers, this is what life here is really like - although I'll admit I'm not a fan of money-driven Jozi at all, and I personally would take the coastal cities of Durban and Cape Town any day over it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!