What's your game?

Blizzard has recruited some big guns to promote their super smash hit PC game, World of WarCraft - the no. 1 MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) in the world, with over 9 million subscribers.

Pop culture icons, Mr T and William Shatner feature in 2 new commercials for the game. I'm not so keen on the Shatner commercial, but the Mr T one is great. "Shut up fool!"





Meanwhile I'm trying to get my second character, undead warlock Euridycce, up to level 30 before Paul returns (I'm on the crest of reaching level 29). It's a major distraction though when I still have a "creative" Christmas present - a photo collage - to put together in the evenings.

Comments

Lord Spaceman said…
I thought these were brilliant! I hope they do some more in the near future.

But yeah...does WoW really need any advertising? It's a fricken behemoth.
Pfangirl said…
Oh, I dunno. You can't afford to grow complacent when you're on top.

You've got to keep the support going (which Blizzard has always been excellent at; EA NOT) for established players, as well as keep luring in newbies.

If and when you do join WOW, Lord Spaceman you must head on over the Burning Steppes European server - unless you've got mates already on another server.
Lord Spaceman said…
Hey hey hey, now that I've finally got my new PC, I'm ready to play!

I'm tempted to buy WoW this Saturday, but I see there is a cool Battlechest coming out sometime this month (check it out: http://www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=3105833)

I think I'm going to hold off for that (even though I'm dying to play it now - aaah, I hate waiting!).

It will definitely buy the European server version.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it and expect a lot of N00by questions from me :)

Popular posts from this blog

Is the rebooted Lara Croft gay? Evidence for and against...

Weekend report-back: beach, board games and books

Movies today, SA!